Share this article on:
Fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Learn how to restore mistakes 1904 when you deploy a QuickBooks computer.
If you see a message approximately “error 1904: [file path/name/extension] did not sign in,” don’t worry. Your accounting information and business enterprise documents are in top form.
Observe these steps to restore mistakes 1904 and get everything returned on the right track.
If any of those apply to you, pass to the special cases section at the lowest.
You use Bitdefender. You recently hooked up Adobe Flash. The mistake 1904 message mentions QBversionTool.Dll. Quickbooks support.
- The QuickBooks tool Hub allows the restoring of commonplace errors.
- Close QuickBooks.
- Download the QuickBooks device Hub report. Store the file somewhere you can without problems locate it (like your Downloads folder or your windows desktop).
- Open the file.
- Observe the on-screen steps to put in and agree to the phrases and conditions.
- Open the tool hub.
Note: if you can’t locate the icon, do a seek in windows for QuickBooks device Hub and pick out the program. Quickbooks proAdvisor.
- The QuickBooks set up Diagnostic tool robotically will diagnose and attach problems with Microsoft components the QuickBooks software uses.
- Open the QuickBooks device Hub.
- Within the gear hub, pick out set up troubles.
- Pick QuickBooks deploy Diagnostic tool. Allow the device to run. It may take in twenty minutes.
- While the tool finishes, restart your laptop and open QuickBooks.
- If you can open and work in QuickBooks, the entirety is fixed.
- In case you nonetheless see errors 1904, flow directly to answer 2.
If QBInstall and the update didn’t repair the mistake, you may restore unique windows components yourself.
But, you ought to handiest of these troubleshooting steps if you’re an IT expert, assured home windows consumer, or operating with the specialists from Microsoft aid.
Reinstall Microsoft.Internet Framework
Repair Microsoft MSXML
If you can set up and open QuickBooks, you’re desirable to head. If you nevertheless see troubles, move directly to answer 3.
- Switch to the home windows Administrator account to alternate a few settings.
- Transfer on your home windows Administrator account
- Open the home windows start menu.
- Kind “CMD” into the search. When you see the CMD Run icon, right-click on it and then pick Run as administrator.
- Kind “internet consumer administrator /lively:sure” within the command window and press enter. When the command is whole, near the command window.
- Open the home windows start menu and pick signal out.
- Pick the account that says Administrator and register. You may not need a password.
- Open the windows start menu.
- Kind “document Explorer” into the search and open document Explorer.
- Search for C:application FilesCommon documents.
- Proper-click the not unusual documents folder, after which pick out residences.
- Go to the safety tab, and then pick Edit.
- In the organization segment, select users.
- Within the “Permissions for users” phase, switch on the following permissions: alter, study & execute, listing folder contents, examine, Write. That is a photo of your permissions for commonplace files on your home windows working system. You’ll need to set them for the user’s institution.
- Reinstall QuickBooks and sign out
- Comply with those steps in case you need special commands for installing QuickBooks laptop. This shouldn’t affect any current agency report statistics.
- When the installation is finished, open the home windows begin menu and signal out of the administrator account.
- Check-in on your normal personal account.
- Open the home windows begin menu.
- Kind “CMD” into the search. Whilst you see the CMD Run icon, right-click on it after which choose Run as administrator.
- Kind “internet consumer administrator /lively: no” within the command window and press enter. This hides your administrator account.
- If you may open QuickBooks along with your ordinary account, you are true to move.
If you nonetheless see mistakes in 1904, we recommend reaching out to an IT expert. There may be a fashionable problem with your computer.